Sunday, September 13, 2009

Never Fly It Upside down Except As A Distress Signal.

    You may or may not have known that I am quite a fan of movies.   So to make things more concrete for me, I am going to write down a list of movies that I have not had the privilege of seeing, but graciously look forward to.

  • Persona

  • Vertigo dangerous

  • The Bicycle Thief

  • 3 Monkeys

  • Sessions Of The Mind………….              (maybe)

  • L'Âge d'Or

  • The Big Sleep

  • The Seventh Seal

  • Viridiana

  • Das Boot

  • Lawrence Of Arabia

  • North By Northwest

  • M

  • Box Car Named Desire

  • The Sting

  • Peanut Butter And Jelly Fight*

There are tons more, but I’m done with imdb right now.

More on that later. Right now I want to tell you about the most sincerely kick ass book I have ever heard of.  Believe me , I have heard of quite a few books.

Amy Vanderbilt’s Complete Book Of Etiquette.

Published by Doubleday & Company., Garden City,  New York   1954.

Nineteen hundred and fifty fucking four!  You should also pay particularly close attention to this:

After adding the picture I realize that it my be hard to see, but rest assured brother the contents inside this assault of red Photoshop ink definitely say “Andrew Warhol”.

Keevy! you cant not possibly believe that this baboon,  Andrew Warhol and the Pop Art icon Andy Warhol are the same person!!

At first? No, I wasn’t sure. Therefore I had to ask Google.com and see what he thought.

He confirmed, Of course.

Though, all of this is extremely interesting, it is not the point.  The reason why I have this book is for words of wisdom like this:

    HOUSE DRESSES 

“It is far better to wear a simple, starched house dress, a clean one daily, if you must do housework, than to wear sweaters and skirts or wool or other dresses that must be dry-cleaned, unless you make up your mind to send them to the cleaners the minute the first spot appears (and if you are caring for young children, this may mean fresh outer cloths daily, an expensive proposition). There are now dark, winter cottons that can be styled like wool clothes, which are perfect for house work, topped, if necessary, with a sweater or wool jacket. You can make them in a becoming style, or have them made with matching bibless aprons and feel like a well dressed “lady of the house”’ no matter what dirty work you’re up to.”

You can’t even buy this wisdom, and it goes on about everything!!

Even military school slang, including Annapolis, and West Point.

*Where The Wild Things Are

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me things.